Mitzvah Day is an important national and international social action event and SAMS actively participates in it. Each year SAMS runs a number of projects, with something for everyone in the community to get involved in while performing a mitzvah (good deed) and having fun.
Our projects have included:
- A ‘Collectathon’ with a local supermarket, collecting household goods for starter packs for young people being supported into new accommodation through the charity Herts Young Homeless.
- Green interfaith projects have been delivered with St Albans District Council, such as clearing and planting hedges in a local park.
- SAMSTots and SAMS Cheder children entertain at an old persons residential home in St Albans.
- SAMS youth meet disabled youth for social activities.
- SAMS youth make and bake cookies and muffins for women and children at a local women’s refuge.
- We participate in tree planting at Heartwood Forest in Sandridge.
Mitzvah Day at SAMS is an important highlight in our calendar when many community members take time to help others in the wider community around us.
For more information about Mitzvah Day at SAMS, please contact the SAMS office by calling us on 01727 860642 or use the form on THIS PAGE.